LG Lucid question when using wifi tether
  • luohanluohan
    0.00Member
    I have an LG Lucid stock rooted 2.3.6. What do I select under the "device profile" option? I don't see an LG Lucid as an option so I left it as "default". Also, I was able to connect my iphone 5 to it and it seems to work ok however I noticed that netflix on my iphone 5 seems to not work while tethering. It says no data connection when I try to open netflix. My other apps work ok. Thanks for any help.
  • NuinNuin
    0.00Member
    As stated in other threads, the problem is that most apps look for a Wi-Fi or 3G connection. When this isn't detected, the app fails to work. The OpenGarden devs are looking into it.
  • luohanluohan
    0.00Member
    Thank you for the reply. My apologies. Do you know what device profile I should select for the LG Lucid? Does it matter if I select default or auto detect? I just don't want to have an unexpected bill from Verizon. Thanks
  • paigemarieepaigemariee
    2870.00Administrator, Moderator
    Nuin said:

As stated in other threads, the problem is that most apps look for a Wi-Fi or 3G connection. When this isn't detected, the app fails to work. The OpenGarden devs are looking into it.

This user is actually talking about our other app called WiFi Tethering... so this issue doesn't apply to her situation, but thanks for your input! I plan on separating the forum so each app has it's own category and this confusion doesn't happen anymore. :)

@luohan I'm not too familiar with iOS but if you can capture a log using this link and attach it to this thread or send it along to tether@opengarden.com with a link to this thread.

In reference to which device profile you should use... use any one that works! ;) It is not a dire setting... its just there's a lot of new devices with different settings that break functionality of WiFi Tethering so other profiles are sometimes necessary to get it working.
    Paige Peterson
    Open Garden Community Manager
Help Open Garden grow!

Donate Bitcoins

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter